Every business owner needs to remember these 5 things
Not every day is going to be a winning day. Not every week, month, quarter, or year will feel like a win! You will have ups and down. That’s normal. You’re not a failure and your business isn’t doomed. Here are 5 things that I’ve learned to remind myself of on a regular basis, but especially when my company is in a slump.
- I am more than my job. I am an amazing dad, brother, and friend. My life is full of amazing people, crazy opportunities, and fun adventures. Even without my job, I am whole and complete. Making money doesn’t define me.
- I will never be poor. I live in a wealthy country with plenty of resources. All my basic needs will always be met. I have too many generous and caring people in my life for me to fall that far. Whatever happens, I will be okay.
- I have been through this before and we are still here. I am smart. I can overcome obstacles. I can solve problems. I can come up with new, creative solutions to problems I’ve never faced before.
- I am not alone. I have mentors and advisors around me who have probably faced this before and would love to help me.
- Busyness doesn’t equal success. Rest is just as important as productivity. Creativity comes from margin.
Might Be Interested
Starting a new business? Never do this…
It was the biggest mistake of my business career. It cost me roughly $35k over the course of ...Read More →
It’s time to win big
You've been working so hard for so long. What do you have to show for it? Does it ...Read More →
3 things to avoid when starting a business
15 years ago I started my first business. I wish beyond wish that someone had sat me down, ...Read More →